Tuesday, April 20, 2010

West Street Fire (#151)

Last Tuesday, I left my apartment early to stop at the bank before work. As I checked traffic before pulling out of the lot, I noticed a cloud of black smoke hanging in the sky. I decided to turn toward the smoke, the opposite direction from work. As I called my boss to see if anything had come over the scanner, an ambulance and an emergency vehicle came speeding up behind me, followed closely by a firetruck. I followed them to West St. where a small house had caught fire. The owner and his son were in the house when it started, but were warned by neighbors and made it out safely. The owener's wife was a work when it started, but arrived home to see her home in flames. She collapsed in hysterics. The house, worth $43,000, was ruined.




No comments: