Sunday, June 22, 2008

Take 2

Hi everyone. Blogging during the end of the school year didn't go so well, but I'm giving it another try now that I am in western New York for an internship. I'll be shooting a lot more and despite my lack of internet access at my humble abode... I will be able to post from the office.
This is what my roommates and I have affectionately nick-named "The Cabbage." We couldn't decide if it was a cabin or a cottage... ergo, cabbage. (Thanks to Megan for the photo)
Our cabbage is located in Chautauqua, New York, right outside the grounds of the Chautauqua institution. I live with 5 other interns for the Chautauquan Daily. Three are fellow Kent Staters and two are new friends.
The Chautauquan Daily covers everything happening on the grounds during the season. The 4 pillars of the community are art, education, religion and recreation. The institution is a gated community and the season runs annually from June through August. The website for the paper is http://daily.ciweb.org and can be read as a pdf.
So now you can look forward to plenty of posts (hopefully close to daily) and I would love comments/feedback. 

No comments: